-
February 26th, 2006, 06:19 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Question.
I just saw a picture of A7 cabinets basically turned upside down with the HF horns mounted inside the vent holes. Wouldn't this affect bass performance?
If this works, I would like to try it.
Comments, anyone?
-
February 26th, 2006, 02:38 PM
#2
Inactive Member
They were designed to be done that way actually. I think there is a different sized board in place when the horn isn't in the cabinet. I haven't ever tried it to see if there is a a sound difference, but I am know the horn/driver uses up some of the internal volume of the bass reflex part of the cabinet.
Either way, try it if you get the opportunity, the only thing you have to lose is a few minutes of your time. (unless you drop the horn/driver and crack the magnet and break the horn, or some other far out thing!)
If it sounds better that way to you, then by all leave it that way! There are always opinions on how it will sound one way compared to another, but they are all personal opinions...do what sounds best to your ears, because unless you are using them in live performances, you are the only one you really need to please.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks